- AI will upload and access our memories, predicts Siri co-inventor
- Quadriplegia patient uses brain-computer interface to move his arm by just thinking
- The first 2D microprocessor — based on a layer of just 3 atoms
- In a neurotechnology future, human-rights laws will need to be revisited
- ‘Negative mass’ created at Washington State University
- Elon Musk wants to enhance us as superhuman cyborgs to deal with superintelligent AI
- What if you could type directly from your brain at 100 words per minute?
- Neuron-recording nanowires could help screen drugs for neurological diseases
- Could there be life below Saturn’s moon Enceladus and Jupiter’s moon Europa?
- How to condense water out of air using only sunlight for energy
Discussion on science / technology today and in the future. topics may include: General discussion on H+ Summit, how it is tracking, and content. robotic/Automated Scientists: – Eureqa – Adam the robot scientist makes its first discovery – http://www.aejournal.net/content/2/1/1 automated theorem proving – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_theorem_proving Ben Goertzel coming to Melb – Patternist theory of mind – [...]
DNA sequencing has been one of the major advances in science over the last 30 years. It has increased our knowledge and understanding about the behaviour of the building blocks of life and why some people develop certain diseases and other do not. This has given medical researchers and the medical profession the ability to [...]
A quote from Carl Sagan’s ‘Pale Blue Dot’ Chapter 3: The Great Demotions: “What about … whether we are capable of creating intelligences smarter than ourselves? Computers routinely do mathematics that no unaided human can manage, outperform world champions in checkers and grand masters in chess, speak and understand English and other languages, write presentable [...]
When: Thu, May 5, 6pm – 9pm GMT-07:00 Where: 220 Leicester Street Carlton VIC 3053 – At Melbourne Uni Graduate House About the Salon here – General discussion on H+ Summit, how it is tracking, and content. – Informal discussion on ‘Belief as Attire‘ – @ LessWrong on rationality & group identification (*please let me [...]