- AI will upload and access our memories, predicts Siri co-inventor
- Quadriplegia patient uses brain-computer interface to move his arm by just thinking
- The first 2D microprocessor — based on a layer of just 3 atoms
- In a neurotechnology future, human-rights laws will need to be revisited
- ‘Negative mass’ created at Washington State University
- Elon Musk wants to enhance us as superhuman cyborgs to deal with superintelligent AI
- What if you could type directly from your brain at 100 words per minute?
- Neuron-recording nanowires could help screen drugs for neurological diseases
- Could there be life below Saturn’s moon Enceladus and Jupiter’s moon Europa?
- How to condense water out of air using only sunlight for energy
When: on Wednesday 23rd February, at 6.00pm, at Monash University, Caulfield Campus, Building H, Room 7.84 (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/maps/2-Caulfieldcolour.pdf) RSVP by: Monday 21st Feb by sending an email to Ann.Nicholson@monash.edu Kevin B. Korb and Ann E. Nicholson, “Bayesian Artificial Intelligence“, 2nd edition, CRC Press, 2010 www.csse.monash.edu.au/bai/book Steven Mascaro, Kevin B. Korb, Ann E. Nicholson and Owen Woodberry, [...]
A well written article that elucidates. http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2048138,00.html?xid=fbshare “The difficult thing to keep sight of when you’re talking about the Singularity is that even though it sounds like science fiction, it isn’t, no more than a weather forecast is science fiction. It’s not a fringe idea; it’s a serious hypothesis about the future of life on [...]
An awesome talk about the Singularity, and how to keep AIs friendly once they rule our world. Links mentioned: Less Wrong: lesswrong.com/ the Singularity Institute for AI: singinst.org/ sites.google.com/site/mxugau/home/2011-02-16 sites.google.com/site/mxugau/home
Professor Dr Thomas Stieglitz has held the position of a full professor for Biomedical Microtechnology in the Institute for Microsystems Technology (IMTEK) at the University of Freiburg (Germany) since October 2004, prior to which he was with the Fraunhofer-Institute for Biomedical Engineering (IBMT). Abstract Neural prostheses are technical systems that interface nerves to treat the [...]