- AI will upload and access our memories, predicts Siri co-inventor
- Quadriplegia patient uses brain-computer interface to move his arm by just thinking
- The first 2D microprocessor — based on a layer of just 3 atoms
- In a neurotechnology future, human-rights laws will need to be revisited
- ‘Negative mass’ created at Washington State University
- Elon Musk wants to enhance us as superhuman cyborgs to deal with superintelligent AI
- What if you could type directly from your brain at 100 words per minute?
- Neuron-recording nanowires could help screen drugs for neurological diseases
- Could there be life below Saturn’s moon Enceladus and Jupiter’s moon Europa?
- How to condense water out of air using only sunlight for energy
Two new books co-authored by Kevin B. Korb, which may compliment his presentation at the Singularity Summit AU 2010: 1) Bayesian Artificial Intelligence, 2nd edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bayesian-Artificial-Intelligence-Computer-Analysis/dp/1439815917/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289368445&sr=1-1 2) Evolving Ethics https://www.amazon.co.uk/Evolving-Ethics-Science-Good-Evil/dp/1845402065/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289368445&sr=1-2 Bayesian Artificial Intelligence 2nd Edition Review Praise for the First Edition … this excellent book would also serve well for final year undergraduate courses in [...]
Very interesting article I found David Orban post on the facebook Singularity Network group called “Your children will live to see man merge with machines. But will it save or destroy us?” can be found at the Daily UK Mail. No longer a fringe idea that only a few forward thinkers chat about in relative [...]
An interesting article caught my attention over at IEET, speculating that the most significant technology over the next 20 years will be the interface between our brains and the internet. From this collective intelligence could emerge a ‘Global Mind’, something hypothesized about in much Sci-Fi. I agree that this would be extremely significant, if Artificial [...]
Another media appearance for techno-progressive related ideas. “I’m just going to back-up my brain” was the title of the article found in the mX newspaper, which reaches over 310,000* people in Sydney*, 307,000 people in Melbourne and 112,000* people in Brisbane every afternoon. * Panorama National Survey (July 2009 – june 2010) Survey 5 People [...]