- AI will upload and access our memories, predicts Siri co-inventor
- Quadriplegia patient uses brain-computer interface to move his arm by just thinking
- The first 2D microprocessor — based on a layer of just 3 atoms
- In a neurotechnology future, human-rights laws will need to be revisited
- ‘Negative mass’ created at Washington State University
- Elon Musk wants to enhance us as superhuman cyborgs to deal with superintelligent AI
- What if you could type directly from your brain at 100 words per minute?
- Neuron-recording nanowires could help screen drugs for neurological diseases
- Could there be life below Saturn’s moon Enceladus and Jupiter’s moon Europa?
- How to condense water out of air using only sunlight for energy
This panel was recorded at Aussiecon4 (World SciFi Convention) in Melbourne 2010. Immortality is a common element in science fiction and fantasy, but what would it actually be like? What would you need to do and think about if you were immortal? How would society need to change if we were all immortal? In a [...]
It has lots of nice diagrams, and mathematical formulas. It covers various topics, inc: *what would an ai be *turing tests *Strong AI *Ethics of AI *Weizenbaum’s anti-ai argument *Ai smarter than us is out of our control, not sharing our motives, constraints and ethics , therefore when humans and AI have a conflict of [...]